Jul 27, 2010

RICE!

So last week I just had a spur of the moment thought to feed Zachary.  I had been totally sure that I was not going to feed him until he was 6 months just to allow his system to be a bit more mature and let myself feel prepare for whatever else may come from him putting something other than breastmilk in his belly.  We had gone two days of him wanting to eat every 3 hours or so (he's usually a 5 hour man), so I thought let's give it a try. 
I only had rice on hand from a few samples I had received in the mail (which also answered the question of whether or not I would feed him rice). So I mixed it up...and he loved it!  He devoured the whole thing, about 7 or 8 mouthfuls.  I haven't been consistent with it yet, but it looks like it works well with a lunch time feeding.  So we'll get a bit more adventurous this week trying new things and hope all goes well. I can hardly believe he is old enough to be starting solids.  It has just gone by so fast!

1 comment:

  1. They grow so fast!! I always have such mixed feelings about starting solids. :( Makes me want another baby ;)

    ReplyDelete